1. Poutineville's smashed potato, pulled beef and red wine sauce special.
2. Listening to Montrealers switch from French to English and back again all in one conversation.
3. Discovering the wonderful parks and playgrounds in Montreal.
4. Going for forest walks on the Mont Royal.
5. The beautiful bright sunny winter days that appear between overcast and snowy days.
6. Wherever you go, you always see the Mont Royal up the end of the street.
7. Being able to get about the city knowing that a Metro train will always come within 3-10 minutes.
8. Ice skating in the local parks.
9. The squeaky squelch of the snow under foot as you walk along the streets after a fresh snowfall.
10. Lester's smoked meat sandwiches with chips and coleslaw and dill pickles!
I keep thinking of more but those are my top ten. Have you ever been to Montreal? What was your favourite thing about being here?